Thursday, April 13, 2006

Slow down and smell the roses!

I really appreciate the information on Lynchburg's financial stress rankings that was made available by Jim Weigand at lburgareava.blogspot.com. I can't help but wonder if that is why so many candidates have come forward. On the one hand, it reinforces that each candidate cares enough to take a stand on what they feel is most critical. On the other hand, it also exposes how badly our government has taken care of this great city.

As a long-time citizen of Lynchburg, I am saddend that in just 4 years of democratic control our budget has sky-rocketed the way it has and yet I just sat back and let it happen. Well...no more! Nowadays it seems [we] live in such a mad rush of life that it's become so easy to overlook or just accept something for the sake of being able to move onto to the more immediate things in our life. So, we trust those voted in to make the best decisions for us - the taxpayers. Stop the budget from spinning out of control. Give us time to slow down and smell the roses!

Lburgareava.blogspot.com has impressed me so much with the information created and disseminated. Thank you so much and just keep doing what you're doing!

2 Comments:

At 9:17 PM, Blogger Citylivn said...

Thank you to both of you Jim and Larry for your comments. I've got a lot on my mind and writing allows me to explore my own thought process. If I can garner supportive or opposing view points that also helps me expand my knowledge on topics that I may not be as well versed in. Creating my own blogspot was in part by accident and in part by my own choosing. I hope with some extra time I will be able to write about other issues in the rest of society that aren't limited to just our area. There is so much going on in the world that could ultimately affect you and I that I refuse to live in a bubble.

Again, thank you for your comments and I hope to have the clock problem worked out soon.

 
At 6:17 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

thanks for giving this information especially for taxpayers.

Alyssa

Cash Online Get Easy cash at your door step

 

Post a Comment

<< Home